Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables. It’s cheap and can be prepared in many different ways especially when you’re on a very tight budget or struggling during a “Petsa de Peligro”.
I first learned this eggplant recipe from my maternal grandmother. I used to spend time with her during summer breaks when I was a kid. Life in rural districts is very simple, even the foods are very simple just like this recipe but very flavorful. This can be an appetizer or a partner to any grilled fish.
This recipe is meaningful for me. I feel nostalgic every time I make this salad; it always gives me that feeling of longing… of missing someone.
GRILLED EGGPLANT SALAD RECIPE
- 4-5 Eggplants
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Thumb size ginger, chopper
- 1 Lemon
- 2-3 Chilies
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Cup thick coconut milk
- Grill the Eggplant. When it is cool enough to touch, remove the skin and slice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grilled eggplant and all other ingredients, mix well.
- Serve it with a grilled tuna on top (optional).
- Garnish with a slice of lemon and chili.